Draft Room - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to 2013 Mock Draft

Draft Room

Moderator: jphanned

Re: Draft Room

Postby dcdoorknob » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:36 am

15.06 - Jerryd Bayless

Ok, so the first several months of last season for Bayless were downright awful, but for fantasy and in his real life effectiveness on the court. But he got noticeably better as the season went along, and Memphis and Bayless both figured out how to utilize his strengths better (trading Ellington to open up more backup SG minutes helped alot too).

This year he's back in almost the same situation (by choice for Bayless, having exercised his player option), with both he and the coaching staff presumably having learned their lessons from the start of last season. I'm expecting him to be able to pick up more or less where he left off towards the end of last season, which isn't a bad pickup this late as a bench guard.
dcdoorknob
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby DamnLies » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:24 am

15.07 Evan Fournier (SG - DEN)

Fournier has a chance to win the Denver starting SG job, and that's good enough for me in the 15th round. Andre Iguodala's departure along with Danilo Gallinari's injury should at least give him ample minutes to prove himself, and from there it's a classic boom or bust pick. Randy Foye and Nate Robinson will vulture some minutes, so Fournier needs a strong camp and beginning to the season, but his superior size at 6-7 should help his case. In limited minutes Fournier has shown he could help in the threes and steals categories while shooting decent percentages. I guess we'll see what he can do this coming season under the hot lights.
DamnLies
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 46)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:02 pm

15.08 Jeremy Lamb (GF - OKC)

The darkhorse in claiming Kevin Martin's departed minutes. I get that Jackson performed rather well offensively, but there remain questions. One of he or Westbrook would have to spend a ton of time guarding opposing SG's. Additionally, it would be preferable if the replacement was an excellent spot up shooter. Unless Thabo can fill this vacuum to a tee, expect Lamb to get an opportunity.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 673)

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:38 pm

15.09 Martell Webster (SG/SF-WAS)

Webster found a home in Washington and hit 1.8 threes per game. After the all star break, that spiked to 2.2 per game. With the Wiz pushing for a playoff berth this season and bradley beal as their only other outside shooting threat, Webster will get plenty of run.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby barrec » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:11 pm

15.10 Josh McRoberts (F - CHA)

McRoberts came on strong enough with Charlotte to get a new contract, boding well for minutes. Even if he plays behind two or three players he can produce while on the floor. In the last month of the season, he averaged 11 and 8 with 2 assists in 36 minutes. Let's hope for more of that. Could be a solid bench piece throughout the season.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby jphanned » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:22 pm

15.11 Patrick Beverley (PG - HOU)

I'm clearly cornering the market on the Patricks after taking Patterson a few rounds back. I know he's backing up Lin initially, but he's: 1) a far better fit next to Harden, B) cheaper, and C) puts up elite per-minute numbers. Per-36s of 1.8 threes, 5.5 rebounds, 5.9 assists, 1.9 steals, and 1.1 blocks are far better than anything you'll find in this range, and ranked him 28th among qualifiers. If he can get some consistent PT, which I think he will, he'll deliver big on this draft slot.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby mbuser » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:16 pm

15.12 Reggie Evans, PF, BK
So Evans will get 20 starts if KG stays completely healthy, and even more if he does not. Obviously he's a bench player otherwise, but this roster could use the 12+ boards he can provide any time he's a plug-and-play.

16.1 Donatas Motiejunas, PF, HOU
Not without competition, but his ability to stretch the defense gives him a good chance to begin the season as the Rockets' starting PF. Showed some flashes but was largely uninspiring during his rookie season.
mbuser
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 8)

Postby jphanned » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:25 pm

16.02 CJ Miles (GF - CLE)

See: Beverley, Patrick. Stuck behind Waiters/Gee/Clark, but he delivers solid value in the fairly limited minutes he does play.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby barrec » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:49 pm

16.03 Terrence Ross (SG - TOR)

Call it a shot in the dark, but Ross has a high ceiling - higher than is vert. For a last pick in the draft I'll take a chance on a young player who can stroke it and take it to the rack. If the minutes/improvements don't come, I'd be fine to find someone else who is producing instead.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:06 am

16.04 Shane Battier (SF/PF-MIA)

Battier won't win any scoring titles, but he's a source of cheap threes and adds about a steal and block per game. His turnovers are also low which helps my team.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Mock Draft