2013-2014 Discussion Thread - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Auction

2013-2014 Discussion Thread

Moderator: geodbear

2013-2014 Discussion Thread

Postby geodbear » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:06 pm

It's early, but I add some time right now. If anyone has any suggestions for changes for the upcoming season, we can start throwing out some ideas.

(1) I brought up last season about changing the standard Yahoo starting positions. I might be partial to PG, SG, SF, PF, C + 5 utilities.

(2) Anyone want to try going to roto? I am capped out on leagues, and would be interested in doing an auction roto league for a change.

(3) A small change to the continuous waivers is to do make it same day add. I didn't mind bidding on all players off the wire, but it was a drag that you had to wait a day to make them active.

Also, we can use this as an informal check in. We won't need to start up for a while. I figure the draft would be like the last couple of years, the Tuesday before the season starts at 10 pm ET.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 220)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2013-2014 Discussion Thread

Postby bokzg » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:39 pm

I'm in.

1. I'm fine with the new proposed roster spots. More flexibility might be interesting, particularly with the NBA itself moving away from set positions.

2. I'd prefer to not go roto, but won't object if everyone else prefers it.

3. I'm not completely sure what same day FAAB means.

As for suggestions, I'd still really like to implement some sort of slot for injured players. I don't think it'd be hard to maintain amongst an experienced group of managers, and it worked very well in the XKL last season.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 68)

Postby silentjim » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:16 pm

In as well.

1. Sounds good. Makes for more interesting drafts and such
2. I'd prefer not to play Roto to be honest, but don't care enough to make it a deal breaker
3. It'd be cool to have same day adds, but its not make or break for me either. I would assume it works like football bokzg. You can add a player today and insert into the lineup today unlike standard baseball and basketball that only allows a picked up player today to be on a roster for starting tomorrow. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 565)

Postby geodbear » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:11 pm

On the waivers, last season we did continuous every day auction waivers with next day add. So for example, that meant that we bid on players on Tuesday, Yahoo would process the winning bids on Wednesday morning, but the players wouldn't be on our active rosters until Thursday. The change would have the players active on Wednesday.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 220)

Postby silentjim » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:52 pm

geodbear wrote:On the waivers, last season we did continuous every day auction waivers with next day add. So for example, that meant that we bid on players on Tuesday, Yahoo would process the winning bids on Wednesday morning, but the players wouldn't be on our active rosters until Thursday. The change would have the players active on Wednesday.

That makes sense. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 565)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:17 pm

Count me in.

1) I'm a fan of changing up the position settings. ;-D
2) I'd also prefer to stick with H2H. :-/
3) Fan of the new proposed waivers system -- yeah that irked me too having to wait several days.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 603)

Postby bokzg » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:49 pm

geodbear wrote:On the waivers, last season we did continuous every day auction waivers with next day add. So for example, that meant that we bid on players on Tuesday, Yahoo would process the winning bids on Wednesday morning, but the players wouldn't be on our active rosters until Thursday. The change would have the players active on Wednesday.

Thanks for the clarification, and I am on board with the proposed change.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 68)

Postby The Thrill » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:45 pm

Count me in again this season.

Am open to changes, but will admit to preferring H2H.

Didn't like the extra day wait with the waivers thing last season either. I would like if we changed that.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 252)

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:11 am

In for 2013.

1. Agree on expanded roster spots
2. Much prefer H2H for auction leagues
3. Agree on same day adds

Any chance we could throw some money into this, just like $50 to make it more interesting?
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ggs » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:13 pm

in and all changes sound good. can we dig up any more cafe oldies from retirement? :-D
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 133)

Next

Return to FBC Auction