Year 9 Info Here - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Bonanza Keeper

Year 9 Info Here

Moderators: geodbear, RedHopeful, silentjim

IR Vote

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Due to a recent discussion in the discussion thread, we're going to have a vote on whether we should include an IR spot. If one is added, we'll discuss and figure out the necessary parameters. Also, if applicable, state the number of IR slots you'd like to see implemented.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: IR Vote

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:45 pm

I think one IR slot is fine unless we're also taking away a bench slot. Honestly, adding an IR slot and removing a bench slot seems like a zero sum game to me. Adding two IR slots and removing one bench slot would work though.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby bokzg » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:51 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:I think one IR slot is fine unless we're also taking away a bench slot. Honestly, adding an IR slot and removing a bench slot seems like a zero sum game to me. Adding two IR slots and removing one bench slot would work though.

Makes sense to me, and I would tend to agree.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 113)

Postby geodbear » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:13 pm

I voted to leave as is. From my experience, something happens with these voluntary IR things, though with a solid group of managers like here, it's highly unlikely that something bad will happen. I just like to keep things as simple as possible, and sorting through IR rules and checking on if things are done right complicates things.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 278)

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:16 pm

The other option is to add one more bench slot, but I'm mostly against draining the FA pool instead of specifically addressing injuries, even if that does involve a small amount of book keeping.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:46 pm

As a new member, I'm fine with whatever the group decides. I don't really have a strong feeling on this issue.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ggs » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:53 pm

K.I.S.S.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 152)

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:44 pm

ggs wrote:K.I.S.S.

Usually I am a fan of stupid, but after last season, I wouldn't mind a little complexity. In wanting to compete, I looked to move all my injury riddled top tier guys at times (and ended up trading away Lopez/Randolph/Gay) so that I could accumulate enough counting stats per week. It almost worked but I don't want to go through that again. In H2H keeper leagues, IR spots just make sense; otherwise, a few key injuries can break your playoff aspirations.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

2012-13 Trade Block/Proposals and Deals

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:12 pm

Dvauthrin trades:

Kevin Love, DJ Augustin, DeJuan Blair and his first round pick (6.1)

Redhopeful trades:

Carmelo Anthony, Marcin Gortat, Jeremy Lin and his eight round pick (13.10)
RedHopeful

2012-13 Draft Commentary

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:13 pm

;-D
RedHopeful

Next

Return to Bonanza Keeper