2013-14 Draft Commentary - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Bonanza Keeper

2013-14 Draft Commentary

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful

Re: 2013-14 Draft Commentary

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:04 pm

bokzg wrote:Very sorry for the hold up. Making my pick in middle of dinner. Gotta run!

Just remember to chew your food. :-B
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:50 am

RedHopeful wrote:Hey all, just want to apologize in advance to those who might be offended, but I'm going to give bokzg time to make his pick. If it eats up my full 24 hours, so be it. We're too early in the draft to skip people, bokzg has been a long time trusted friend of the cafe and I'd want someone to do the same for me, as he gave us a heads-up on his limited access.

I don't think anyone's actually upset, and if they are, meh, let 'em stew. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 278)

Postby bokzg » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:29 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Hey all, just want to apologize in advance to those who might be offended, but I'm going to give bokzg time to make his pick. If it eats up my full 24 hours, so be it. We're too early in the draft to skip people, bokzg has been a long time trusted friend of the cafe and I'd want someone to do the same for me, as he gave us a heads-up on his limited access.

Just wanted to say thanks to Red and everyone else for the leniency. It's a very fast paced tour that I'm on and limited Wi-Fi. I should hopefully be back before my next picks come up in the third round. If not, I'll do my best to do a better job of anticipating the timing. It's tough making picks without any of my usual spreadsheets available.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 83)

Postby silentjim » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:42 pm

We only have 10 rounds and a great group of guys. We have plenty of time. Since we started so early, if people need more than 24 hours I'm very much so ok with it. We probably only need to enforce limits when we are quickly approaching the start of the season. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:03 pm

We could have started 2 weeks later and been just fine, don't really need a pick time limit, just a gentleman's agreement not to skip out for 3 days in the middle of a draft. ;-D

Utah looks like the most intriguing team for fantasy basketball because their main two players, Al Jeff and and Millsap, are both gone and now all the stats are up for grabs amongst guys who have yet to fully break out. What are you guys expecting out of Kanter, Favors, and Hayward?

Milwaukee is probably second to me since they have the same situation with Jennings and Ellis gone. Mayo looks in line to pile up a ton of points there as the primary scoring option, think his floor would be his numbers last year but spread out evenly unlike last year where he went from top 30 player to waiver wire material. I'm expecting him to have a really good year as he won't be asked to defer again like in Dallas once Dirk returned, Milwaukee paid him to score buckets.
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:15 am

Grounded Polo wrote:What are you guys expecting out of Kanter, Favors, and Hayward?

Um, a lot? :-B

Grounded Polo wrote:Milwaukee is probably second to me since they have the same situation with Jennings and Ellis gone. Mayo looks in line to pile up a ton of points there as the primary scoring option, think his floor would be his numbers last year but spread out evenly unlike last year where he went from top 30 player to waiver wire material. I'm expecting him to have a really good year as he won't be asked to defer again like in Dallas once Dirk returned, Milwaukee paid him to score buckets.

Hmm, I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum. Think too much will be on Mayo's shoulders, so while the PPG might be pretty, the efficiency and turnover rate is going to suck. His best hope is that Knight jumps up a couple of notches on the improvement ladder. :-o
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

Postby ggs » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:38 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Hmm, I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum. Think too much will be on Mayo's shoulders, so while the PPG might be pretty, the efficiency and turnover rate is going to suck. His best hope is that Knight jumps up a couple of notches on the improvement ladder. :-o

i see mayo and reke around the same tier, both guys can score and create but neither should be handed the reigns completely. both need support to take some of the scoring load / defensive focus so their efficiency doesn't tank.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 143)

Postby silentjim » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:50 pm

I'm going for the all injury team. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Skippyoz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:43 pm

I would have made my pick earlier... but I had gone back-and-forth about 45 times between Pekovic and Rondo.
Skippyoz
College Captain
College Captain

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 20)

Postby silentjim » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:54 pm

Skippyoz wrote:I would have made my pick earlier... but I had gone back-and-forth about 45 times between Pekovic and Rondo.

Nice. ;-D

Sounds like he might miss a few games early on, but with as many TOs has my team has already, there's no point in even pretending like I can win that cat.
silentjim

PreviousNext

Return to Bonanza Keeper