2013-2014 Champions League Draft Commentary - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2013-2014 Champions League Draft Commentary

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: 2013-2014 Champions League Draft Commentary

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:52 am

jay_00 wrote:Hate to be debbie downer, but wow, im surprised you would take deron in the first round of a roto draft after yesterdays news of another ankle sprain and bone bruise. IDK, kinda risky if you ask me :-o

Kind of surprised by Derrick Rose too. ;-7
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby schweigersaipan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:33 am

What can I say. I have been a die hard fan of the Bulls since their inception. Also am betting that by taking the year off, he really made sure his knee is healed.
Saipan Surfer
schweigersaipan
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 35)

Postby thelimey » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:55 am

I don't like the 9 spot in roto, there's not much difference from about pick 9 to 17 or 18. I would have taken Al Jeff but I wanted to be a bit conservative & didn't want to use my 1st pick on someone switching teams so went for "boring" Aldridge, luckily though there were enough players I liked in that area that one would made it back to me at 2.04.

As for H2H I've rolled the dice with Bynum, first time in the draft there's been no one in ADP range I wanted & it's a spot where if I have to cut him a couple of weeks in I won't feel to bad about wasting a 9th rd pick.
thelimey
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 48)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ardilla » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:32 pm

I took Bynum with 1.11 of H2H draft last year which seriously handicapped my team (9th place finish). As a matter of principle I refuse to draft him in any league this year but 9th round may be decent risk/reward. Tough to hold in him H2H though with him not likely ready to start season.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby jphanned » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:55 am

For some reason ardilla posted his pick four picks too early in the Champions ROTO draft. Got that post deleted - dcdoorknob is up x2. ;-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby ardilla » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:02 am

Sorry about that, saw Shotcaller picked last and incorrectly assumed we already turned the corner.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby DamnLies » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Welp, looks like I waited a round or two too long for my late Dwight-build targets in Brandan Wright and DeAndre Jordan. It's one thing to do a Dwight build, it's another to do one with a group of strong owners. Anyways, my build is going... eh. While I thought there'd be plenty of big men who fit snuggly on a Dwight team (like Wright, Jordan, Splitter, and especially Drummond, who I also missed), it seems like a bad year to implement this strategy mainly because Rajon Rondo's status is so up in the air. In a tough H2H league like this, burning a bench spot for AT LEAST a month on someone I have to draft in the first 10 rounds was a little too much to bear. I think the Celtics will delay and delay with Rondo's return until they know he can't help them make the playoffs :-b . I waited on Rondo, and someone else snagged him, too. So, in a Dwight build I come away with no Rondo and no Drummond. Not good. I was going to take Drummond in the sixth but Favors was there and I got greedy, thinking I could go Drummond in the 7th. Now, I'm stuck with a team that has a very solid top-four big man foundation (Howard, Ibaka, Griffin, Favors) but questionable guard play and staring at, likely, a punt 3-pt situation as well.

Oh well, this is what makes this league a challenge, and fun. I'll be working hard to compete, trust me, you damn thieves!
DamnLies
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 50)

Postby Shotcaller » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:47 pm

The H2H draft has been vicious. I expected the first PG run but not a second one two rounds later. Swimming with sharks in the Champions League.
"We're not out there reading books, we're out there playing basketball"
Shotcaller
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 32)

Postby jay_00 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Yea it's been rough with the over drafting pgs, and it looks like it's gonna continue in the roto draft. I suck at h2h tho...it looks like I'm punting 3 cats easy, maybe 4. :-o
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 74)

Postby dcdoorknob » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:27 pm

When I saw I had #1 in roto and #12 in h2h, the goal immediately becomes to not screw up roto and then just do the best I can in h2h, but I'm actually pretty happy with how my h2h team has ended up so far.

Not screwing up the roto team remains to be seen. :D
dcdoorknob
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 122)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon