2013-2014 Champions League Draft Commentary - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2013-2014 Champions League Draft Commentary

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: 2013-2014 Champions League Draft Commentary

Postby ardilla » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:29 pm

PG going early almost like RBs, but starting a round later. Good drafting all around, my targets consistently taken and leaving me researching again at my pick.

I don't tank categories, though I could see tanking 1 in H2H sometimes. If you are tanking that much you are putting too much weight into last year's stats versus trying to take best talent. Also put yourself in a situation where your team is inflexible, can't adjust for injured players as easily or take advantage of unexpected player growth (suddenly dwight hits 70% free throw after miracle radiation accident).
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jphanned » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:32 pm

Shotcaller wrote:The H2H draft has been vicious. I expected the first PG run but not a second one two rounds later. Swimming with sharks in the Champions League.

He ain't lyin'. In the middle of four drafts right now and this has by far been the best. Even when it comes to some of the guys I like to have a semi-breakout (Hayward, Hawes, Splitter), I'm being forced to draft them right around where I have them projected. Just very little by way of value to be had at any point of the draft.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)

Postby thelimey » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Mightily relieved to get Lowry at 6.04, I passed on PG again at 5.09 thinking one of Jennings, Hill or Lowry would make it back to me. I got away with it just. It seems like the PG's are spread out till half way through the 3rd (upto Lawson & Lilliard) & then there are none until mid/late 5th & then there's a run on the Dragic/Teague/Holiday/Lowry/Calderon/Hill tier.

If you pick near the turn this year it seems like you get the sweet spot of all the C's at the 1/2 turn & the PG's at the 5/6 turn.
thelimey
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 48)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shotcaller » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:57 pm

I think the PG frenzy has made a couple of managers punt assists in the ROTO league draft.
"We're not out there reading books, we're out there playing basketball"
Shotcaller
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 32)

Postby Crimedogg32 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:11 pm

I've gobbled up 3 PG eligible and 3 C eligible players so far in the draft. I don't consider Hill to be as true of a PG which is why I liked him over some of the other PG options around him during the draft. It should be interesting to see how everyone balances out their teams and if teams do really punt categories in Roto.
FBC Octagon Champion - 2010-2011
Crimedogg32
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jphanned » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:39 pm

H2H rosters have been inputted, and the league is all ready to go. You can set your lineups now, and can pick up free agents as you please in a few days. ;-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:43 pm

jphanned wrote:H2H rosters have been inputted, and the league is all ready to go. You can set your lineups now, and can pick up free agents as you please in a few days. ;-D

As a total aside, I'm glad my first injury happened to my last pick in the roto-draft. :-°
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Postby jay_00 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:26 pm

The draft slowed down a bit last couple days, let's pick up the pace folks. Unless of course my 2 guys I want are taken, then I don't care lol. Either way I'm not too thrilled with my team so far I must say. There's 2 teams I really like so far tho.
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 75)

Postby jay_00 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:27 am

Both of my guys went right after that last post, of course...what else is new
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 75)

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:48 am

That's incredible value on Garnett!

Really wanted to pick him up but felt I needed to grab the two guys I selected for my team build.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon