where to draft kobe ? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

where to draft kobe ?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

where to draft kobe ?

Postby spud_webb_04 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm reading all those articles where they state that kobe is playing in the opener, i just can believe it.
I know he has an incredible work ethic but is it medicaly possible ?
Where are you guys drafting him, or are you (as i will) stay far away from him?
spud_webb_04
College Captain
College Captain

Response Team
(Past Year: 141)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: where to draft kobe ?

Postby jphanned » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:22 pm

There's obvious risk here, but the line of thought is that if any player can come back from this it's Kobe. I think there's definite value to be had if you can land him in the 40's. I'm just not sure if I'll be the one to take him on.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby silentjim » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:22 pm

jphanned wrote:There's obvious risk here, but the line of thought is that if any player can come back from this it's Kobe. I think there's definite value to be had if you can land him in the 40's. I'm just not sure if I'll be the one to take him on.

Agreed. I'd like to hear some more news to feel better about it though.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 735)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:41 pm

silentjim wrote:
jphanned wrote:There's obvious risk here, but the line of thought is that if any player can come back from this it's Kobe. I think there's definite value to be had if you can land him in the 40's. I'm just not sure if I'll be the one to take him on.

Agreed. I'd like to hear some more news to feel better about it though.

At this point, i want him to pass the eye test. If he's missing any significant lift, it's going to affect his lines.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:56 pm

I'd agree that the 40's is probably the right place for him, but I think I'll probably pass in most roto drafts. For HtH I like him little bit more. Not enough to draft him any higher than the 40's, but I'm probably more likely to actually pull the trigger.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 366)

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:44 pm

I typically avoid players coming of substantial injuries. If I see Kobe around in the 50's I may grab him. Like you guys I want to see how he is doing. Old guards coming back from injury do not exactly fill me with fantasy basketball warm fuzzies.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 153)

Postby The Thrill » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:48 pm

He seems fine. :-o

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-jumps-off-40-foot-high-dive-133306177--nba.html

I'm avoiding him at the moment, but would consider him more like around pick 75-80 or so personally. It's at that point that I'll have a comfortable feel for the strength of my team and can determine if I want to take on risk or continue to build on what I've got with more secure options.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:54 am

The Thrill wrote:I'm avoiding him at the moment, but would consider him more like around pick 75-80 or so personally. It's at that point that I'll have a comfortable feel for the strength of my team and can determine if I want to take on risk or continue to build on what I've got with more secure options.

And you good sir, will remain Kobe-less.

RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Postby bujfan2030 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:24 pm

I can't see Kobe getting out of the 3rd round and even that might be pushing it. People just have a lot of faith in him regardless of how irrational or riskyl it might be. I suspect most people will see him as a value pick late 2nd onward unless there's an announcement of a setback
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:51 am

I'd be happy to land Kobe in the third round, would be surprised if he actually made it there.
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers