2013 Draft Guide - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

2013 Draft Guide

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

2013 Draft Guide

Postby nrl_champion » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi guys [insert obligatory "I'm new" statement here]

I've been looking for a draft guide to assist with scouting before our draft this year. There are a couple of paid ones available, but all of the major sites (ESPN, Yahoo, CBS, etc.) haven't made theirs available yet. I'm thinking 'It's October - how does not every single site have their 2013 draft guide available?' I use other sites for stats and such, but it's nice having a complete guide with player and team profiles rather than searching and reading multiple articles. And I'd rather not pay $15-30. I'm not hardcore, I just want some info.

Am I missing something or has the majority of the internet given up on fantasy basketball?
nrl_champion
Towel Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2013 Draft Guide

Postby silentjim » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:53 pm

Basketball is the red headed step child of fantasy sports. For a newbie, I'd use basketballmonster.com and simply use the old rankings feature for previous years if you don't want to pay. We ran a mock draft here earlier as well which might help, and you might want to see your fantasy providers default ranks too so you can see who might get drafted where. ;-D

And you can always ask questions and hope we answer. :-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 633)

Postby Charles Oakley » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Hey Jim ,
When I clicked onto the mock draft link it led me to some other page of scribble . Is there another way to see your mock draft ? Id like to check it out . Thanks, Oak
Charles Oakley
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Response Team
(Past Year: 39)

Postby nrl_champion » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:00 pm

[quote="silentjim"]Basketball is the red headed step child of fantasy sports. /quote]

Yeah, I kinda noticed that. I guess football is America's sport. I've been working on a Fantasy Basketball site of my own, mostly for that reason - there aren't very many out there.

Well, it's not too big of a deal. Like I said, I'm not hardcore, but it's nice to have the draft guide to help with scouting. Thanks for the response.
nrl_champion
Towel Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:17 pm

The only basketball site that actually has some sort of comprehensive rankings up at this up (that I've seen anyway) is Razzball. You need to use your critical thinking skills when you use their rankings since they tend to be pretty skewed toward guys they really like this year, but it's still rankings with rationale and whatnot. Plus they've gotten rankings by position done already as well. I wouldn't necessarily make Razzball your go-to draft guide but there's still some helpful insight to be had.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 297)

Postby ericismagic » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:17 pm

Hi, other than Razzball. I found this one VERY good...
http://www.hoopsworld.com/fantasy-baske ... 0-rankings

Also you have a cheap one $5 with :http://rotoprofessor.com/basketball/

You should be good to go ! B-)
Eric
ericismagic
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 43)

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers