Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

Andre Drummond

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Andre Drummond

Postby Odin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:20 am

Hey guys,

All my team info are on my signature.

Drummond has been berserk recently but is FT% is a killer and I'm wondering if I should grab him with a high pick.

With guys like Durant & Gasol, do you think I can afford taking Drummond & his upside and still be competitive in FT% or I should stay away ...

Thanks
Keeper league - 10 team H2H

Cats : FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

PG Rose
SG Batum
G Teague
SF Durant
PF Millsap
F Favors
C Gasol
C Bosh
Uti Mayo
Uti Gortat

Bn McGee
Bn Bynum
Bn J. Johnson
Bn IT2
Bn A. Johnson
Odin
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 44)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Andre Drummond

Postby TheGuru22 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:39 pm

I personally think this is the perfect type of team to add Drummond to, as you have multiple guys who shoot good/great percentages from the line at a high volume, and he will provide a lot of value elsewhere (FG%, rebounds, blocks).

Worst case scenario is that FT% is your one weakness if he doesn't improve and shoots a higher volume of FT than last year, but being a H2H league you would a solid foundation across other categories that it wouldn't concern me too much.
TheGuru22
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby silentjim » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:58 pm

Drummond should have some serious upside, but it will definitely come at the cost of a miserable FT%.

If you end up with Durant and other good FT% shooters I would either draft him with the intention of trading him, or simply pass. (You'd need Durant, Dirk, Kevin Martin, etc to make up for his FT shooting woes).

Higher usage from Drummond will mean more FT attempts. For sure only Dwight Howard will have a worse impact on FT% in the league.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 599)

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:57 am

I'd be inclined to take Drummond. Between his projections + it being a keeper league, he at least makes for some wonderful trade bait.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

Postby Yilun » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:46 am

Agreed on the trade bait. You will not consistently dominate in FT% on a week to week basis with Drummond on your team. But he is going to put up stellar numbers this season and you should try to package him early and trade him for another legit big man who doesn't hurt you at the line. Someone like Ersan would be a solid fit for a team built around KD. You may even be able to swing an aging Gasol or Dirk (as a rental) for this year if Drummond has a good start to the season. Really depends on if you're in "win-now" mentality or long-term.
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions