Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

Amir vs Kanter vs Pekovic

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Amir vs Kanter vs Pekovic

Postby JMASTERJ » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:51 pm

9cat Yahoo keeper league, 10 players

Picking #85, need big man... my choices:

Pekovic: Huge, i his prime, awesome around the basket, runs fast breaks, Rubio feeding, great %'s, but limited range, Love will take some pts/reb

Kanter: Big, approaching prime, good around basket, mid-range ok, runs well, great %'s, no real PG to feed him easy buckets, Favors taking "some" action if he gets in gear, higher to's

Amir: More athletic and fast, PF/C, steals/blocks, nice %'s, decent mid-range and even long 2's, low-post back to the basket not as great as other 2, Lowry decent PG, might get some easy feeds and alley-oops

Right now my needs are %, reb, points, and lower to's.

I love Amir (ended last year #29!) but I feel his scoring will be less than the other two, but not by much. if I can get more scoring in the next round, maybe I'll be fine?

Advise please!
JMASTERJ
Towel Boy

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Amir vs Kanter vs Pekovic

Postby Yilun » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:21 am

I think all 3 as of right now are about the same in my opinion.

If you want someone reliable and more proven - you should go with Pekovic. He's probably going to put up similar lines from last season. But injuries have always been a concern for him. His value would be much higher if he can prove he can consistently go 80+ games per season which he hasn't been able to do.

Kanter has probably the biggest upside out of all 3. But going from barely playing to now suddenly getting big starter minutes is going to be a tough transition for him. We all saw his flashes of potential late last season but starting at the center for an entire regular season is a different story. I imagine he's going to be tantalizing one night and then a giant headache the next. I wouldn't expect a double/double from him this season but considering you're in a keeper league, that surely does boost his value a bit.

Amir has always had potential but he's so inconsistent at times. Last year was somewhat of a "breakout" year for him but even within that, he disappeared every now and then. But when he's on, he's easily the most fantasy-savvy amongst the 3.

Based on talent alone, I'd rank Amir > Pekovic > Kanter for this season. But if you want a sure-fire thing, I would rank them as Pekovic > Amir > Kanter.
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:24 pm

Amir
Kanter
Pekovic
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby bujfan2030 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:34 am

I get the injury concerns with Pek, but based on his needing scoring more than blocks wouldn't Pek be the better choice?
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions