Rate My Team - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate My Team

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Rate My Team

Postby simonrulz11 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:01 am

James Harden, Deron Williams, Al Horford, DeMarcus Cousins, Kobe Bryant, Jeff Teague, Nikola Vucevic, Andre Drummond, Tobias Harris, Victor Oladipo, Jimmy Butler, Ben McLemore, Amir Johnson.

This is, for the most part, the order they were drafted in. I realize that Kobe is out for a while, but I figured with no other impact small forwards available, a 5th round flier was worth stashing. I had the 4th pick, and decided that I was happy with my backcourt so I went hard after some young bigs who I think will have breakout years. My goal was to try and acquire assets first, since I'm all about actively trading. I currently have two deals on the table that could net me Steph Curry, Josh Smith, and Brandon Jennings with DWill being the only STARTER I lose. So tell me how you think I did. Hopefully not too bad.

*H2H, 9 cats
Last edited by simonrulz11 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
simonrulz11
Towel Boy

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Rate My Team

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:48 pm

Cats? Head to head or roto?
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 158)

Postby simonrulz11 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:56 am

Phil O'Pastry wrote:Cats? Head to head or roto?

Sorry I forgot to put that in, it's 8 teams H2H with 9 categories.
simonrulz11
Towel Boy

Postby skywalker14 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:11 pm

Top to bottom its definitely a solid roster. Here are my thoughts. First off, you seem active as a manager, having already lined up trades to try to get better, and that's great! love to see active managers! Secondly, you seem short on PG's, especially for a league with only 8 teams. And of those 2 PG's (Williams and Teague), I'm not a huge fan of DWill. I mean, he's great but it just seems like he's often hurt. I love Harden, Horford, Cousins as high picks.

My other critique is I don' think I'd have two rookies at the SG position. Oladipo is definitely the higher upside here, and with only 8 teams, the waiver wire must be FULL of people that are projected to outperform Mclemore.

I think you would be well to target at least one additional PG to boost assists and steals, and one additional big who can up your blocks totals.

For the record I am completely fine with Kobe in the 5th round! He will be back. He will be Kobe.

Please take the time to throw some feedback my way!

viewtopic.php?t=74712
skywalker14
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 152)

Postby simonrulz11 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:33 pm

skywalker14 wrote:Top to bottom its definitely a solid roster. Here are my thoughts. First off, you seem active as a manager, having already lined up trades to try to get better, and that's great! love to see active managers! Secondly, you seem short on PG's, especially for a league with only 8 teams. And of those 2 PG's (Williams and Teague), I'm not a huge fan of DWill. I mean, he's great but it just seems like he's often hurt. I love Harden, Horford, Cousins as high picks.

My other critique is I don' think I'd have two rookies at the SG position. Oladipo is definitely the higher upside here, and with only 8 teams, the waiver wire must be FULL of people that are projected to outperform Mclemore.

I think you would be well to target at least one additional PG to boost assists and steals, and one additional big who can up your blocks totals.

For the record I am completely fine with Kobe in the 5th round! He will be back. He will be Kobe.

Please take the time to throw some feedback my way!

viewtopic.php?t=74712

As far as DWill goes, I'm not the biggest fan, but D Rose went one slot ahead of me :( and it was either DWill or nothing at the PG slot. Like I mentioned, I have a pretty good chance at netting Steph Curry, although I would lose DWill and Teague would still be the backup, and McLemore would be part of that trade. I would keep Oladipo, and I already have some solid SG options ready on the waiver wire whenever I have an open slot. (Also for an extra big, nobody picked up Andrew Bynum, and he was already on my radar if I have an open slot avaiable from the trades)
simonrulz11
Towel Boy

Return to Roster Ratings