Conley for Lillard? WHIR - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

Conley for Lillard? WHIR

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Conley for Lillard? WHIR

Postby shadowmoses » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:32 pm

I'm in a 12 team 9 cat roto league, and I'm considering the following trade: Mike Conley for Damien Lillard.

My roster as it currently stands:

Conley
Leonard
Holiday
Butler
Millsap
Drummond
Valanciunas
Kanter
Jackson
Harris

Oladipo
Barnes
Gallinari

There are two main reasons for wanting to complete this deal. First off, my team is in need of 3PM and PTS, and I expect Lillard to outpace Conley in both of those areas. Secondly, I'm very reluctant to trade away any of my other starters, either because I'm high on them or because I think they'll be undervalued in any deal I attempt to make. That leaves Conley as my biggest trading chip. Of course, that sentiment could change once the season gets underway, but I'd prefer not to deal any of these players before that time.

My biggest issue here is with Conley himself. He's essentially a consensus top 30 pick, but that doesn't even completely factor in his improved performance after the departure of Gay last year. With a full season of having to bear more of the offensive load coupled with the Grizzles' lack of 3pt shooting, it wouldn't surprise me if he averages 18ppg and 1.5 3PT per game, along with his other numbers seeing a slight boost. Meanwhile, Lillard is only entering his second season and will see his usage rate and minutes come down from their marks last season. He'll need to improve at least a little bit this season just to match last season's totals.

The question here isn't really whether or not Lillard will be worth acquiring. Even if he doesn't match Conley's value, I suspect it will be close enough where he won't significantly hurt me with his performace. The question is whether or not I should simply hold onto Conley and try seeking help elsewhere. As an aside, do you see Lillard taking more 3pt shots this year? If Conley continues to improve on his numbers and Lillard's numbers stagnate, the gap between their offensive capabilities will become that much narrower. Also, with Conley I have a chance of leading the league in steals, but how would I fare without him?

Thanks in advance!
shadowmoses
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Conley for Lillard? WHIR

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Stick with Conley.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 603)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby The Thrill » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:39 pm

I'd stick with Conley as well. I prefer him much more over Lillard. You're weak in 3's, but they are easy to pick up anytime during the season. No need to make a move right now with this Roto lineup. Give it a go and reassess after a month or so.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 252)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:05 am

Conley for me. He's the proven deal there, and Lillard isn't. Easy-peasy. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 260)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions