Gortat traded - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Gortat traded

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Gortat traded

Postby bujfan2030 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:31 am

Gortat has been traded to the Wizards in return for Okafor to the Suns http://www.bulletsforever.com/2013/10/25/5029568/marcin-gortat-trade-analysis-wizards-suns
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Gortat traded

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:37 am

Good move Washington. ;-D

Suns trying to ensure they suck. ;-7
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Postby The Thrill » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:51 am

Seems like value has gone up for Frye and possibly Plumlee (although not Plumlee for a standard 12 team league). And I would say it solidifies Markieff's wavering value as opposed to actually increasing it.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:28 pm

The Thrill wrote:Seems like value has gone up for Frye and possibly Plumlee (although not Plumlee for a standard 12 team league). And I would say it solidifies Markieff's wavering value as opposed to actually increasing it.

I'd agree. Markieff doesn't have a high enough ceiling for me to actually bump his value up all that far. I do think this makes Frye rosterable for standard leagues pretty much across the board though (with a late pick), which is a big deal. As far as Gortat goes I might bump him up maybe a round from where I had him ranked, but he's not soaring up my draft board. That said I probably ranked Gortat higher than a lot of guys. When I look at my teams I see I've actually bought stocks in him pretty heavily. :-b
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby dyrak » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:40 pm

big winner in this is (dare i say it) plumlee...len just isnt ready and his ankles and foul rate can be an issue. No other size to play the center spot on the suns. Plumlee loves to rebound, blocks will be sprinkled in, but he is an offensively limited big man. Think putbacks and garbage man that will run the floor and gobble up rebounds. I'm making the add here in deeper leagues not sure this guy deserves 10 team consideration at all but a click of the watch icon won't hurt. I think gortat is in a better situation from a mental stability standpoint which should translate into happy player=better player.
12 teams 9 cat pg,sg,g,f,sf,pf,c,c,u,u 6bench 1ir
PGs-irving,conley,teague,j. jack
SG-bledsoe,korver,henderson,a. anderson
SF-iggy,s. williams
PF-millsap,amir
C-hawes,splitter,dalembert,olynyk,b.wright
dyrak
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 6)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates