End of the Bench Gems - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

End of the Bench Gems

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

End of the Bench Gems

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Hey guys, I've been wondering about those in deep, deep leagues and what really buried player do you see perhaps doing well. For example, due to injury and Thibs playing his starters in to the ground, there always seems to be a player on the Bulls that does well and comes from nowhere. Last year Butler did very well and same with Belineli and Robinson for stretches. Anyone see a player poised to do that again? Snell, Teague, Murphy, Mike James anyone else?

In any case teams seem to always have one guy who comes out of nowhere. The Spurs are good with identifying depth players also. Wondering who are the players you like, that if given minutes or a trade would be players you would like.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 153)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: End of the Bench Gems

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:34 pm

Before training camp, I pegged Francisco Garcia and Jordan Farmar and preseason has strengthened my belief in them. Some others to look at: Faverani, Steven Adams, Shawne Williams, Miles Plumlee and Josh McRoberts.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:29 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Before training camp, I pegged Francisco Garcia and Jordan Farmar and preseason has strengthened my belief in them. Some others to look at: Faverani, Steven Adams, Shawne Williams, Miles Plumlee and Josh McRoberts.

Vitor Faverani is going to be very solid for Boston. He might be the best among the names you just mentioned for fantasy.
NikkiSixx
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:08 am

RedHopeful wrote:Before training camp, I pegged Francisco Garcia and Jordan Farmar and preseason has strengthened my belief in them.
So, by 'pegged' you really mean you looked at my bench in the salary cap league? I can live with that. :-b

RedHopeful wrote: Some others to look at: Faverani, Steven Adams, Shawne Williams, Miles Plumlee and Josh McRoberts.
I think Faverani is a short term play at best, but the rest of the list look like solid deep league targets.

I'm coming around on Rudy Gobert as a deep league target too. That 12 Reb 5 Blk preseason gem has me a little bit excited. I'm buying shares in JJ Barea in the early going too. I think he'll get a little more run than people expect and he can get a lot done with limited minutes.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby The Thrill » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:56 pm

Adding to the list.....

I'm not sure how deep you are digging, but I think these guys would count as the "coming out of nowhere" theme that I think you were getting at --- guys that are next in line so-to-speak, but most people are not likely to own them today: Jeffrey Taylor, Tony Wroten, Quincy Pondexter, Daniel Orton, Thomas Robinson, John Jenkins, Sergey Karasev, and (Jordan Hamilton/Quincy Miller/Anthony Randolph).

I like all of the above mentioned by Red and Fenris as well.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Before training camp, I pegged Francisco Garcia and Jordan Farmar and preseason has strengthened my belief in them.
So, by 'pegged' you really mean you looked at my bench in the salary cap league? I can live with that. :-b

Look at you wanting to be the guy who started the bandwagon! :-B

Not to steal your thunder (well actually maybe I am }:-) ) I drafted and even posted my BOSF roster/explanations well before your piddly picks. ;-)

Fenris-77 wrote:
RedHopeful wrote: Some others to look at: Faverani, Steven Adams, Shawne Williams, Miles Plumlee and Josh McRoberts.
I think Faverani is a short term play at best, but the rest of the list look like solid deep league targets.

I'm coming around on Rudy Gobert as a deep league target too. That 12 Reb 5 Blk preseason gem has me a little bit excited. I'm buying shares in JJ Barea in the early going too. I think he'll get a little more run than people expect and he can get a lot done with limited minutes.

Gobert is on the deep league radar for sure, but don't underestimate Corbin. Once he has use of Biedrins again, he very well could complicate things with his love affair for veterans. :-o
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers