Opening Night 2013! - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Opening Night 2013!

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Opening Night 2013!

Postby geodbear » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:58 pm

Definitely excited. Marquee matchup is Chicago @ Miami. Finally get to see Rose in the regular season after a long time. The regular season debut of Oladipo will be what I'll be looking at in the Orlando @ Indiana matchup. For the LA game, there's some potential sleepers over in the Lakers and it'll be interesting to see how the wings rotate for the Clippers, and if the Clippers have any sort of help in the frontcourt behind Griffin and Jordan. What are you all looking forward to?
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 278)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Opening Night 2013!

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:43 pm

Christmas Day is here! ;-D

At this point, I'd willingly watch PHX v. PHI, as long as the game counts. :-°

Thank god, it doesn't have to come to that, though, I expect 2 of the 3 games tonight to be blowouts. Would love to see the Bulls beat the Heat to watch all the Heatle media overreact. }:-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby silentjim » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:45 pm

Some great opening games no doubt!

I'll be curious to see how Miami looks out of the gate. Hungry at home or complacent. Miami made some nice gambles in bringing Oden and Beasley in, but if they get hurt or don't pan out, it's pretty easy to say a lot of other teams in the East got quite a bit better and Miami didn't do a lot. I hate Mike Miller, but he was a good fit for that team and he and Beasley aren't the same.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Very exciting that basketball is back. I look forward to the free week of NBA League Pass that Time Warner Cable is giving! ;-D
NikkiSixx
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:01 am

Miami looked like champs. sigh.

Indiana blocked out the sun. Hibbert with 7 is a big deal, but I'm actually more impressed with West's 5.

Lakers looking surprisingly competitive.

Yay for real games.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby deadshot11 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:18 am

Well, the predictions were right. The LA-LA game was blow out. :-D
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby silentjim » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:05 pm

I'm glad to see the Bulls battle back into that game a bit, but overall pretty disappointed. Who would have thought Boozer could have played that well and the Bulls would have lost? Noah still didn't look healthy and Deng and Rose were off for sure. Butler had a nice stat line, but was pretty disappointing in the first half. Miami getting a ton of foul calls didn't help him or Deng. Weird game to say the least. Nice all around production for Miami, but I'm not sure that's what they really want. Lebron looked a bit passive, but if Shane Battier is going to light it up from downtown I guess that's ok. :-D

I didn't watch much of the Lakers and Clips game, but you look at the score and numbers and you think how could the Lakers have won? Really came down to 6 more threes and 8 more offensive boards. Have to think Clippers need to work on their defense a bit too.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Postby geodbear » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:24 pm

From what I saw, the Clippers defense was bad. Also, they have no back ups in the front court. I think Hollins was the only back up to play and Barnes played some PF. The Lakers bench played the last 15 minutes and took over. It'll be interesting to see how the Lakers are tonight against a better defensive team in the Warriors. (Yes, I said that as weird as it sounds.) Can their bench make a repeat performance, or will we see more of the starters?
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 278)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:37 pm

I've already taken a gamble on Farmar in all my leagues. Between his preseason and the bad vibe surrounding Nash, it sure doesn't sound good to hear "strange things" happened to him physically in his 1st game of the season.

As far as the game, wow the Lakers energy was entertaining. Doc Rivers is going to murder his guys in practice but Jordan owners should be ecstatic with the minutes.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:03 am

I'm buckled into the Farmar bandwagon in the early going here. I think he's going to play a lot and look pretty good doing it.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers