HoopAdvisors - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

HoopAdvisors

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

HoopAdvisors

Postby jphanned » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:32 pm

Hey guys. I recently launched my own fantasy hoops site over at HoopAdvisors. We'll have a ton of Cafe regulars contributing over there - Red, Jimmy, geodbear, plonden, dcdoorknob - and I can ensure you the quality of content will be better than anything else out there.

If you're interested in a Gold membership, use the code CAFE924 at checkout. Thanks! ;-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: HoopAdvisors

Postby cnote23 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:00 pm

sweet I am going to visit right now! ;-D
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 236)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:53 am

Hehe, was going to post something about the site, but just didn't feel right coming from someone not named Justin. So far, I've got to say the content has been outstanding, forums pretty easy to navigate and the chat function top notch.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby cnote23 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:04 am

the site looks very good granted I am poor so I won't be a member. I know having Justin Phan at your leisure the memberships are worth yet. Good job bud ;-D
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 236)

Postby deadshot11 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:51 am

So now that almost all the Cafe big wigs are over at BBM, is this forum dead?

I loved the free flow of top notch fantasy wisdom here, and conversing with the top fantasy minds in the world, but I don't have the spare funds to pay $35 just to participate in the forums over there when I've only been running one fantasy league a year recently.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby silentjim » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:24 am

deadshot11 wrote:So now that almost all the Cafe big wigs are over at BBM, is this forum dead?

I loved the free flow of top notch fantasy wisdom here, and conversing with the top fantasy minds in the world, but I don't have the spare funds to pay $35 just to participate in the forums over there when I've only been running one fantasy league a year recently.

Nope. ;-D The cafe still exists.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby Grounded Polo » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:16 pm

deadshot11 wrote:So now that almost all the Cafe big wigs are over at BBM, is this forum dead?

Cafe in general is dead really. Football side was down for what, a month in the middle of the season? That's absurd. Baseball side is also really slow now, just the same guys from years ago who are still there. This side was never really that active but now has more or less tanked it. The whole site needs a complete overhaul desperately, it's trapped in 2005, literally looks identical to when I first joined, see the Eric Gordon on the Clippers sleeper article.

I'm about to concede and finally start posting on rotoworld, I already lurk there all the time anyway. I liked bbm last year but only have 2 teams this year, didn't think it was worth paying since I didn't use the resources after the draft much.
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby silentjim » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:

Cafe in general is dead really. Football side was down for what, a month in the middle of the season? That's absurd. Baseball side is also really slow now, just the same guys from years ago who are still there. This side was never really that active but now has more or less tanked it. The whole site needs a complete overhaul desperately, it's trapped in 2005, literally looks identical to when I first joined, see the Eric Gordon on the Clippers sleeper article.

I'm about to concede and finally start posting on rotoworld, I already lurk there all the time anyway. I liked bbm last year but only have 2 teams this year, didn't think it was worth paying since I didn't use the resources after the draft much.

Yeah I admit we're all in a weird debacle. Like you guys I don't particularly feel the need to pay for anything, but I also understand the need to make money, or you end up with as GP called it "2005 cafe" that hasn't change been updated or talked about in forever. The fact that it kept crashing didn't help any at all and I think might ultimately be it's undoing unless something changes.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby deadshot11 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:06 pm

I don't mind the look of the website, or making money. I completely understand many contributors focusing their attention and time on sites that kick back to them. I think it's actually pretty amazing that this cafe helped foster basically the best minds in fantasy basketball.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby ggs » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:27 pm

i enjoy the retro feel of the cafe. agree activity has been down the past few years but still enjoy browsing the forums to find the regulars.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 152)

Next

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers