Yahoo's team log no longer displays shot attempts (BUG) - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Yahoo's team log no longer displays shot attempts (BUG)

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Yahoo's team log no longer displays shot attempts (BUG)

Postby shawngoat23 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:46 pm

It seems that with the changes to Yahoo!'s interface have resulted in several bugs which no longer make it possible to track your team's shot attempts.

On your team log (I've chosen a random one from a public league since I'm not sure anyone has access to my page), the FGM/A and FTM/A columns are messed up: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.c ... /1/teamlog

Where the made shots and attempts (accumulated in the games started for your fantasy team) would have been displayed for each individual player, we instead have "U/U". As a result, in the total at the bottom of the page, we have "0" under both FGM/A and FTM/A rather than some fraction.

In addition, on the team page (http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/30707/1) for any given day, while the FGM/A and FTM/A are correctly displayed for individual players, there is a "0" in those respective columns under "Starting Lineup Totals".

This is not merely a complain about the aesthetics, but an egregious bug that makes it difficult to implement the optimal strategy. Yahoo's User Voice is drowned out with inane complaints about position eligibility and the interface (which Yahoo! has said that they would not address), and their "contact us" link actually leaves no available form or email address to reach a human being. Does anyone know how to reach someone at Yahoo! to inform them of this problem?
shawngoat23
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Yahoo's team log no longer displays shot attempts (BUG)

Postby Guy Smiley » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:26 pm

shawngoat23 wrote:It seems that with the changes to Yahoo!'s interface have resulted in several bugs which no longer make it possible to track your team's shot attempts.

On your team log (I've chosen a random one from a public league since I'm not sure anyone has access to my page), the FGM/A and FTM/A columns are messed up.

Where the made shots and attempts (accumulated in the games started for your fantasy team) would have been displayed for each individual player, we instead have "U/U". As a result, in the total at the bottom of the page, we have "0" under both FGM/A and FTM/A rather than some fraction.

In addition, on the team page for any given day, while the FGM/A and FTM/A are correctly displayed for individual players, there is a "0" in those respective columns under "Starting Lineup Totals".

This is not merely a complain about the aesthetics, but an egregious bug that makes it difficult to implement the optimal strategy. Yahoo's User Voice is drowned out with inane complaints about position eligibility and the interface (which Yahoo! has said that they would not address), and their "contact us" link actually leaves no available form or email address to reach a human being. Does anyone know how to reach someone at Yahoo! to inform them of this problem?

Yahoo employee here: Bugs have been opened for both My Team page and Team Log page not displaying totals for FTs and FGs.

Re; Interface, we never said we wouldnt address. Indeed, if you dont like the dark theme, you can elect to use the Day Game theme (dark text on light BG). We are not returning to the old CSS and mark-up, true, but we are very much listening to and making enhancements based on user feedback.
Guy Smiley
Towel Boy

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shawngoat23 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:42 pm

Guy Smiley wrote:
shawngoat23 wrote:It seems that with the changes to Yahoo!'s interface have resulted in several bugs which no longer make it possible to track your team's shot attempts.

On your team log (I've chosen a random one from a public league since I'm not sure anyone has access to my page), the FGM/A and FTM/A columns are messed up.

In addition, on the team page for any given day, while the FGM/A and FTM/A are correctly displayed for individual players, there is a "0" in those respective columns under "Starting Lineup Totals".

Yahoo employee here: Bugs have been opened for both My Team page and Team Log page not displaying totals for FTs and FGs.

Re; Interface, we never said we wouldnt address. Indeed, if you dont like the dark theme, you can elect to use the Day Game theme (dark text on light BG). We are not returning to the old CSS and mark-up, true, but we are very much listening to and making enhancements based on user feedback.

Thanks for the quick feedback! Much happier now that I've been able to reach someone!

I'm not a fan of the new interface, but I don't consider it a dealbreaker either. However, I was referring to the User Voice section where the top voted comments were constantly about the new changes, even though the status on those tickets were marked as "declined".
shawngoat23
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Guy Smiley » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:59 pm

Update. The fix for FG and FT totals will appear next Tuesday.
Guy Smiley
Towel Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:18 pm

Guy Smiley wrote:Update. The fix for FG and FT totals will appear next Tuesday.

;-D

And welcome to the Cafe! :-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Oh, forgot to mention another bug. When I'm looking at another person's team in a league and I want to go back to my team, highlighting 'My Team' (at the toolbar at the top of Yahoo's Fantasy window) and then clicking on 'Roster', doesn't return me back to my team. Instead, it just refreshes the page you're already on.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Thrill » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:48 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Oh, forgot to mention another bug. When I'm looking at another person's team in a league and I want to go back to my team, highlighting 'My Team' (at the toolbar at the top of Yahoo's Fantasy window) and then clicking on 'Roster', doesn't return me back to my team. Instead, it just refreshes the page you're already on.

They fixed this. ;-) I had the same problem, but it's now working properly again.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:56 pm

The Thrill wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Oh, forgot to mention another bug. When I'm looking at another person's team in a league and I want to go back to my team, highlighting 'My Team' (at the toolbar at the top of Yahoo's Fantasy window) and then clicking on 'Roster', doesn't return me back to my team. Instead, it just refreshes the page you're already on.

They fixed this. ;-) I had the same problem, but it's now working properly again.

Tried it just now, still a no go for me. !+)
RedHopeful

Postby angels7777 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:04 am

I do like the new start active players button. One button sets your lineup. They need this option for the commish too for dormant teams.
12 team H2H non-keeper
Standard 9 cats

G- Jennings
G- Conley
F- Love
F- Turner
C- Sanders
UTL- Knight
UTL- I. Thomas
BN J. Green, T. Harris, I. Thomas, T. Jones, J. Crawford, T. Ross, Mirtza, Blatche, Marion
angels7777
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 109)

Postby shawngoat23 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:26 am

Guy Smiley wrote:Update. The fix for FG and FT totals will appear next Tuesday.

Great news. I'm adding the shot attempts for the starters for each team until then.

Thanks for your response, and welcome to the Cafe!
shawngoat23
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers