Yahoo Position Updates? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Yahoo Position Updates?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Position Updates?

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Angels, I'm surprised you're not practicing a little more patience. You should know how the routine works by now -- Yahoo takes several games or so for starters and about twice as much for reserves.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 676)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby deadshot11 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:18 pm

I don't think he'll ever get PG eligibility, but GS is running a lot of sets with Iguodala at the top distributing to Klay and Steph coming off screens on the wings. The 11 assists were no fluke, and he can be targeted for late value assists, though expect very low scoring.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 24)

Postby angels7777 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:02 am

RedHopeful wrote:Angels, I'm surprised you're not practicing a little more patience. You should know how the routine works by now -- Yahoo takes several games or so for starters and about twice as much for reserves.

Actually, in the past, if you push the issue a little more with Yahoo (e-mail, etc.), they come through quite a bit quicker.
12 team H2H non-keeper
Standard 9 cats

G- Jennings
G- Conley
F- Love
F- Turner
C- Sanders
UTL- Knight
UTL- I. Thomas
BN J. Green, T. Harris, I. Thomas, T. Jones, J. Crawford, T. Ross, Mirtza, Blatche, Marion
angels7777
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 109)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GRIN » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:29 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
angels7777 wrote:
floppymoose wrote:If you are drafting a player who does not have eligibility at a particular position, with the plan that they will have that eligibility after one game, you made a bad plan.

Not if your name is Plumlee and you're clearly the Starting Center on the Phoenix Suns without question. Come on bro, use your head here. Some position updates are beyond obvious.

http://www.nba.com/suns/roster/2013

Even the Suns roster on their web site doesn't list Plumlee as a center. He may very well turn out that way, and gain eligibility. Just don't get hurt falling off that high horse heh

+1
GRIN
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

(Past Year: 4)

Postby angels7777 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:45 pm

Told you guys Plumlee would get C status and Dragic now listed as PG, SG. All "high horse" apologies are accepted. :-°
12 team H2H non-keeper
Standard 9 cats

G- Jennings
G- Conley
F- Love
F- Turner
C- Sanders
UTL- Knight
UTL- I. Thomas
BN J. Green, T. Harris, I. Thomas, T. Jones, J. Crawford, T. Ross, Mirtza, Blatche, Marion
angels7777
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 109)

Postby silentjim » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:22 pm

angels7777 wrote:Told you guys Plumlee would get C status and Dragic now listed as PG, SG. All "high horse" apologies are accepted. :-°

I don't think anyone said they wouldn't they just said you needed to be more patient.

I haven't watched any Cleveland or Minnesota games, but a little shocked to see Irving get SG eligibility and Kevin Martin to get SF. But the more the merrier I guess.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 633)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:56 pm

angels7777 wrote:Told you guys Plumlee would get C status and Dragic now listed as PG, SG. All "high horse" apologies are accepted. :-°

Your high horse position was being outraged that Plumlee didn't already have center eligibility when his own team hadn't even called him a center officially and he had played one game there. Even at the time I said:

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Even the Suns roster on their web site doesn't list Plumlee as a center. He may very well turn out that way, and gain eligibility. Just don't get hurt falling off that high horse heh

Expecting him to eventually get center eligibility would have been reasonable. That isn't what you were doing.

EDIT: And for good measure, lo and behold, the Suns website now calls him a C-F.
Fantasy Sports Genie
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 14)

Postby AdvRider » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:02 am

Not about position updates, but would like to suggest what I think would be a major improvement.

Show the day's live scoring for players on the waiver wire! It's frustrated me for years that while baseball and football show that day's stats for waiver wire players, basketball does not.

How many times do I check my team late in the evening and see yeah so and so had another crappy game, gee, I wonder who on the waiver wire had a hot night?

There's no easy way to find out! Yes I know if I put players on my watch list I can see same day stats... I've done that, but with the limit on the number of players on a watch list and the need to constantly maintain the thing over multiple teams ... ugh.

This is the sort of data-centric improvement I wish Yahoo would pursue. I hoped with the redesign, this long-needed improvement would have been made. Alas it was not. Thanks Guy Smiley for your attention.
AdvRider
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Thrill » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:01 am

I'd like that too. O:-) Good recommendation.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 264)

Postby NikkiSixx » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Wow.... :-t
NikkiSixx
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 30)

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers