Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Chalmers for Sanders? Veto?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Chalmers for Sanders? Veto?

Postby angels7777 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:44 am

12 team H2H non-keeper
Standard 9 cats

One manager is already complaing. No collusion was involved. What would you do if you were commish?
12 team H2H non-keeper
Standard 9 cats

G- Jennings
G- Conley
F- Love
F- Turner
C- Sanders
UTL- Knight
UTL- I. Thomas
BN J. Green, T. Harris, I. Thomas, T. Jones, J. Crawford, T. Ross, Mirtza, Blatche, Marion
angels7777
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 109)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chalmers for Sanders? Veto?

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:01 am

Given Sanders' struggles it will be tough to overturn. It really comes down to one manager taking advantage of an impatient or panicking one. I think it is one-sided for sure, but looking at the stats over the first week it's tough to argue.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 153)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby cnote23 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:10 am

it's tough but I would not veto it just looks the Sanders owner is trying to get something for him before they think it's too late so really it's based on opinions . So bottom line it isn't a unfair trade at this point in time but good risk reward deal for the sanders owner
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Postby silentjim » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:54 pm

I'm a fan of only vetoing if collusion is involved. If its not, clearly each team thinks they are getting better.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 727)

Postby The Thrill » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:31 pm

This is a money league, right?

That makes this a tougher decision, I feel, because in a money league, guys are expecting the commish to maintain the integrity of the league. I mean if Sanders becomes a 2nd round talent again (which most of us are banking on), that could really turn the tables of the league quite a bit. On the other hand, if he remains a flop, it's pretty unfair to the manager receiving Chalmers.

So on one hand, guys pay money into the league and they expect the competition that make good logical choices. So you ask, is this a good choice? Who knows?!

On the other hand, guys pay money into the league, but they also need to know their competition. If there is a manager that might make bad decisions, then that's the risk you take (i.e. another manager reaping the benefit of that).

I think you let it go, but I don't think it's as simple of whether or not collusion is involved because money is riding on it. That really does make a difference if you think you might have a bad manager who makes bad decisions.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby ggs » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:12 pm

not vetoable.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 146)

Postby geodbear » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:19 pm

It definitely could be one-sided but if the owner selling Sanders genuinely feels that Sanders bad start is indicative (which he obviously does), then he can do a panic move. Being a money league (with no obvious collusion), he should have the right to make a move he thinks is necessary so he can win, even if it may be a bad move down the line.

In the bigger picture, money leagues should have written down guidelines as to what constitutes vetoable trades. In cases where trades are under question, both managers have to submit reasons for making the trade so it's out there.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 262)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:56 pm

Can't agree to a veto, despite it having the feel of an amateur move -- selling low on a top draft pick for a guy renowned for sitting just outside the top 100. I agree, a set of rules might be a wise option for the future (if this is indeed a money league).
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Postby angels7777 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:15 pm

It is indeed a money league.

The current rule reads:

All TRADES will be processed immediately by the Commish UNLESS collusion is suspected to be involved OR the majority of the league believes that a trade is too favorable to one team such that it upsets the competition of the league. Any trade deemed questionable by the Commish will be left pending and you must POST any protests on the message board. All other trades will be processed immediately. We all pay our money so we should all be able to run our team as we see fit (as long as your sole intention is to make your team better).
12 team H2H non-keeper
Standard 9 cats

G- Jennings
G- Conley
F- Love
F- Turner
C- Sanders
UTL- Knight
UTL- I. Thomas
BN J. Green, T. Harris, I. Thomas, T. Jones, J. Crawford, T. Ross, Mirtza, Blatche, Marion
angels7777
General Manager
General Manager

Postby angels7777 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:19 pm

And for the record the commish posted the trade as questionable but there have been 0 responses or complaints.
12 team H2H non-keeper
Standard 9 cats

G- Jennings
G- Conley
F- Love
F- Turner
C- Sanders
UTL- Knight
UTL- I. Thomas
angels7777
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner