Stash players? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Stash players?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Stash players?

Postby NikkiSixx » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:30 pm

Which guys are worth a stash right now? I know a lot of people out there can't afford to stash a player due to key injuries... but if you can afford it do you think it is worth holding Ben McLemore on your bench since he is going to see a lot of minutes this year? Bradley Beal was in a similar situation last year.... very low production first half but a fantastic 2nd half of the season (also John Wall returning helped him tremendously).

I bring this up because I found myself debating if I wanted to add Wes Johnson or Ben McLemore and couldn't make a decision.
NikkiSixx
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Stash players?

Postby IonZephyr » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:31 am

Id like to know this as well as McLemore is available in one of my leagues. probably one of the highest owned out of all the free agents....

id also like to know people expectations for McGee? Think we see him anytime soon???
IonZephyr
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:42 am

For most leagues, probably just the obvious choices - Tyson Chandler, Marc Gasol. McGee just doesn't seem worth it in std or even slightly bigger leagues. McLemore? Not feeling him much either. Trading for Derrick Williams has muddled his possible future contributions even more now.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:59 pm

The value for McGee hinges on how badly the team needs immediate help IMO. I can see McGee being the best guy on the wire by a bunch, but the wait could be too much for a middle of the road team. He's not exciting though, you're right, and wasn't playing well before he went down either, so there's that. For roto league or a good mid-size std league I might give McGee a look. Maybe.

I don't play in any leagues where Gasol is on the wire, so I wouldn't know what that's like. :-b
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers