To veto or not to veto? That is the question... - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

To veto or not to veto? That is the question...

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

To veto or not to veto? That is the question...

Postby Isildur1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:53 am

Warning long post:

Background: Standard 12 man 9 cat h2h league. $50 buy-in 5+ years running.

Player A roster: Rubio, Beverley, Teague, Deron, Turner, Webster, Corey Brewer, Wilson Chandler, Love, Favors, Drummond, Koufos, Hawes

Player B roster: Rose, Calderon, Felton, Redick, Ginobli, Waiters, Gay, Hickson, Faried, Lee, Bargnani, Bynum, Ibaka

Player A is in 1st place Player B is in last place. Player B is the least active in the league.

The Trade: Player A receives Ibaka & Felton.
Player B receives Favors, Turner, Beverley

No collusion going on.

Trade gets vetoed. Player responses below:

Commissioner: I admit I AM ONE OF THEM. This is my opinion: Ibaka is a top 20 player in fantasy (ranked 17th overall right now) - He carries teams in BLKs (which is probably the scarcest category), has fantastic percentages, is one of 11 players who is averaging a PTS-REB double-double, and doesn't get a lot of TOs. He's a fantastic fantasy player who is producing 2nd round value. In my mind, if someone is trading Ibaka, he better be getting a player of similar or close value in return, OR getting multiple players who cumulatively create similar value. Turner and Favors, who are solid players, are ranked in the top 80 right now. Two top-80 players for one top-20 player doesn't seem fair to me. I have no problem with Player A trying to strengthen his 1st place team, I just would expect him to give up MORE value to get value. He isn't trading any of his TOP 3 players for Player B's best player.

Player 1:Its probably being vetoed for your own good. I think youre selling your best player too low. You can do better than favors/turner dont ya think?

Player 2: I do what I want with my vote.

Opinions please!!
Isildur1
Towel Boy

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: To veto or not to veto? That is the question...

Postby geodbear » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:13 am

If your league rules are that the majority vetoes a trade, then the veto should be accepted regardless of what other opinions are. Personally, I wouldn't have vetoed it, but unless there are rules dictating how people should vote, you have to accept the outcome. If you don't like the outcome, then your league would have to agree to on setting up guidelines for how to approve trades or not.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 279)

Re: To veto or not to veto? That is the question...

Postby Isildur1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:31 am

Yeah I already accepted the fact that it was vetoed. How fair do you think the trade is? I thought it was pretty fair, but everyone was saying I was ripping off the other guy. I could be valuing my player values too much so i need an unbiased opinion from someone.
Isildur1
Towel Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Commissioner's Corner