Yahoo! player notes - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Yahoo! player notes

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Yahoo! player notes

Postby NikkiSixx » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:28 am

I almost think they are a little too detailed lol. I'm an owner of Joe Johnson, and he has been absolutely lighting it up recently. No matter what this guy does the yahoo "advice" is downplaying anything he does. If I wanted to possibly trade Joe Johnson, all an opposing fantasy owner would have to do is look at his player note to see his great play is basically being called "fluky" and it would scare opposing owners away. Maybe Johnson will come back down to earth, maybe he won't. but in the last few days Yahoo! has said Johnson has been a top 100-120 player value this season (when actually he is about 60ish), they have basically called Joe Johnson worthless in every update he has, and now they are saying "Johnson has been fantastic over the last 5 games, but should come back down to earth with the return of Deron Williams and Paul Pierce." .....Ummmmmm haven't Williams and Pierce been back for the last 5 games that he has been "fantastic" ?? I don't know, it is just frustrating to see Yahoo! fail to acknowledge anything Joe Johnson has done as positive.... there is always a rain cloud over his Yahoo! forecast, even though his per game averages have outperformed Bradley Beal's per game averages. When is enough going to be enough? I was lucky enough to scoop Joe Johnson up off waivers (probably because the original owner was scared away from all the "advice" Yahoo gives that was calling Joe Johnon pretty much a barely ownable player in 12 team formats). I've reaped the benefits as the very first came on my team was his career high eight 3 point 30+ point game, and now I just had him in my starting lineup in a game where he made TEN 3's in the game and even had 29 points in one quarter. I understand that maybe Joe is playing a bit better than expected, but do they need to have a negative paragraph on every single update? I'm a guy that likes to wheel and deal, buy low and sell high, and do whatever I can to benefit my team. While Johnson has done wonders for my team, I would like to have the option to trade him for his actual value on the year. They've been dogging him for a month and he has done nothing but shine.

Am I the only person that has this frustration or are the others out there that are experiencing similar things with one of their players?
NikkiSixx
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo! player notes

Postby silentjim » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:24 pm

Agreed. I understand that fantasy sports are a lot of opinion, but it makes no sense for Yahoo (technically Rotoworld) to put so much bia/personal opinion that they're bypassing actual fact. I remember reading some of the Bynum and Amare stuff early and thinking come on, you have to admit that there at least worth keeping on eye on. No point in being like ignore for all eternity.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Yahoo! player notes

Postby angels7777 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:07 am

Couple players follow that Rotoworld advice to a tee. One day a player is hyped up and they are interested. Next day the player has a bad game and bad Rotoworld report and they lose complete interest.

viewtopic.php?t=75441
12 team H2H non-keeper
Standard 9 cats

G- Jennings
G- Conley
F- Love
F- Turner
C- Sanders
UTL- Knight
UTL- I. Thomas
BN J. Green, T. Harris, I. Thomas, T. Jones, J. Crawford, T. Ross, Mirtza, Blatche, Marion
angels7777
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 109)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers