Bledsoe +1 for MCW +1 - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

Bledsoe +1 for MCW +1

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Bledsoe +1 for MCW +1

Postby jdjohnson » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:14 am

I am in a 10 team, 9-cat, H2H, 5-player-keeper, auction league. Since it is a keeper league, the value of MCW is increased since he went underrated and could be kept for next to nothing.

I've tried to trade Josh Smith + others for MCW but the response has been to include Bledsoe and a deal could be worked out. Is there a way for this deal to make long term sense for me?

My team: http://imgur.com/OphAhmd,TrUbWN7#1
Their team: http://imgur.com/OphAhmd,TrUbWN7#0
jdjohnson
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Bledsoe +1 for MCW +1

Postby silentjim » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:36 am

What's the cost of keeping him then?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 733)

Postby jdjohnson » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:52 am

Bledsoe would cost $245 and MCW would cost $1. Each owner has $5,000 per season for keepers and new players.

Josh Smith would be the frontrunner for people I'd like to have off my team, so a deal for Bledsoe + Smith for MCW + one more would be ideal.
jdjohnson
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby silentjim » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:59 pm

Tough call man. His team is stacked and his an excess number of PGs. Josh Smith is annoying, but it doesn't look like you're winning FT% anytime soon with Jordan and Drummond. Can't blame you for going after MCW at a buck and he could fit your team, but I'm not sure how much I'd spend on getting him. I have MCW ranked ahead of Bledsoe by maybe 10-12 picks, but if you're tanking FT% he goes up even higher. Dealing Bledsoe for MCW would make sense for sure, just not sure it makes sense to toss Josh Smith in there even if he is annoying to own.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 733)

Postby jdjohnson » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:21 pm

I agree. Smith is mostly frustrating due to his FG% bringing down the efforts of the rest of my team. I know his horrible FT% fits perfectly, so it isn't incredibly logical, but the idea of having two FG% killers on a team where the rest of the players are built to bring FG% up seems even more illogical.

You're right though, his team is stacked and mine is built for the future (Drummond & Lillard mainly), so I'm trying to offer a deal that helps him this year while making my team stronger in the next two years.

Thanks for the help!
jdjohnson
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions