Rubio and rondo for rose?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Rubio and rondo for rose?

Postby Mjwoodson32 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:21 pm

I recieve rajon rondo and ricky rubio

I trade derrick rose

12 team Keeper league. 9cat. 5 keepers

Pts, fg%, FTmade, 3PTmade, rebs, asts, stls, blks, and TOs

My team is pretty middle of the pack in all categories so no real stregnths. if I had to pick a stregnth its 3ptm, and turnovers.

Weaknesses pt, reb, and fg%

Id be dropping dejuan blair

my keepers right now are isaiah thomas, kobe bryant, rose, kevin love, and jonas valanciunas. After the,trade it woukd be rubio, rondo, kobe, love, and thomas/j val. Most likely thomas.
Mjwoodson32
Towel Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Rubio and rondo for rose?

Postby Johnny Tuttle » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:27 pm

Normally, in a keep 5, I wouldn't do this: you're better off with the best possible keepers at any cost, but here, you've got some potential chafe in your keeper list. I'd much rather own Rubio and Rondo than Blair and Rose for this year, and I hate to say this, but I'd rather own Rubio and Rondo heading into next year than I would ............. Rose and Kobe.

Before you kill me for saying that, I'm a monstrous Kobe fan. I've seen him play live as a rookie (pointedly). I'm a Lakers fan. His is the only jersey I own.

And he's just suffered the injury that torched 'Nique, he's an aged SG, and he's breaking down from his incredible mileage/career.

You could or should try to get him back in the draft next year, unless he comes back at the All Star Break and proves me wrong (fingers crossed that he does: I love him).

Meanwhile, those two PGs you're adding are quite talented. They won't necessarily help your weakness in points, but Rubio boards, and they have value. And they're much more stable health wise than Rose (whom I fear won't ever be the same) and Kobe ( :~( )

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=75547
Johnny Tuttle
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 44)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions