Need 1 elite points league owner for next season. - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Need 1 elite points league owner for next season.

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Need 1 elite points league owner for next season.

Postby Michael Jack- » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:40 pm

For the past three years I have been running a points league that certainly has proven to be successful to say the least. This past season I was forced to replace two owners who did not have the time available to return. It so happens that their replacements did not fare well at all and certainly brought the competitive level down a bit. One previous owner with many years of h2h points league experience will be returning, so I need to find one more very strong owner to round it out for next season. All of the owners are in their late twenties, early thirties and up with at least 10-15 years experience in this format. I stress the word format because experience in another type of league is extremely different. Not to sound pompous or holier than thou, but I would really prefer someone that has not participated for years but have been successful in 12 team leagues with deep rosters.

It is a money league at $100 per man- we use league safe to secure the funds for the season. Top three winners are paid out in percentages of 60-30-10. Owners are asked to pay by the deadline or they will not be able to draft and will be replaced. I am hopeful that those who do feel the league is a great fit for them would not choose to verbally agree only to leave the league hanging at the last moment. I have been running leagues for over 10 years and have seen it all, so just would like to be clear and concise. Although this is a money league I am more inclined to find the kind of owner that truly loves the NBA and fantasy basketball just the same. This is a very competitive league compiled of owners that know and love the sport and will continue to set their lineups, use the wire and make trades no matter where they are in the standings for the entire season. In the beginning. every owner is raring to go, though at the end of the season, which to me is even more important to the league, they choose not to set their lineups or use the wire. This affects the league tremendously and I am trying to find the kind of owner who will see it through no matter what.

Here are the settings:

http://games.espn.go.com/fba/leaguesetu ... ueId=92674

As of now, the only changes that will be implemented are the amount of the starters will be changed from nine to ten, the bench four to three and the IR from one to two. The way the points play out has really worked and this will not change. It is possible that a max amount of games could be added to even out the schedules for each match-up, but I have not decided that as of yet. At this point we do use a max of four pickups per week, which is going to stay the same regardless. The draft is usually held about a week before the first game, though, I like to get the draft order randomly generated at least three weeks before so owners have ample time to prepare.

I am aware that this is extremely early to be looking for an owner- especially when this season is still going on. Honestly, the kind of owner I am looking for will be searching for a league next year already. So, if you do have interest in joining, feel free to contact me at omen1313@live.com. I would be happy to answer any further questions you have regarding the league as well. I only ask if you do reply you respect the fact I have outlined the traits I am looking for to fill the spot. And that you give me a little fantasy background if you have a real interest.

Wish all readers a great rest of the season.
Michael Jack-
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need 1 elite points league owner for next season.

Postby Michael Jack- » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Here are the updated settings:

http://games.espn.go.com/fba/leaguesetu ... ueId=92674

The Draft will be Tuesday, October 21, 2014. 9pm, eastern. Draft order will be randomized one month before draft, via fftoolbox, so each owner has ample time to prepare.

If you are seasoned, active and confident you can best this league, we would love to have you.
Michael Jack-
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds